Southeast Asia’s First AcuPulse Duo Surgical CO2 Laser Arrives in Malaysia!
Nasal blockage, sinusitis, rhino sinusitis and barotrauma common ENT problems. Although there is a range of treatments available to resolve these issues, for more severe cases, ENT surgery is necessary so patients can regain their quality of life.
Conventional surgical methods usually involve invasive surgery using a variety of surgical tools. Depending on the severity of the condition, these procedures include the excision of tissues around the affected area.
Even though conventional surgery is a popular choice, it is important to understand that there are number of possible side effects to consider including bleeding after surgery, swelling at the surgical site and scarring.
Speed, Safety and Efficiency
The good news is, there is now another treatment option available, to resolve ENT problems easily, effectively and with far less discomfort for the patient. CO2 laser surgery has marked the start of a brand new era in laser technology. It is a remarkable method of surgery that uses CO2 laser energy to treat ENT, head and neck conditions. So, how is this different from conventional ENT surgery?
Firstly, conventional surgery is long and complicated. The surgeon needs to spend a good deal of time controlling the bleeding. With the use of a CO2 laser, the amount of time it takes to safely complete the surgery is greatly reduced. This is because the laser is so precise that it produces a ‘sealing effect’ that seals blood vessels as it cuts the skin.
This means very little pain for the patient and the surgery can be completed quickly, far more efficiently and with minimal bleeding. Due to its state-of-the-art features — especially it’s precision when it comes to cutting through tissues — CO2 lasers have long been considered a gold standard for safety and accuracy among medical lasers.
With the use of laser in ENT, head and neck surgeries, you can expect the procedure to be:
- Extremely precise – An aiming beam is used during surgery and it helps channel the laser through a combination of fiber and free beam lasers. This ensures precision during the procedure.
- Highly versatile – With a CO2 laser, the surgeon is able to access difficult-to-reach tissues with the flexible fiber. The AcuPulse Duo Surgical CO2 has two laser delivery modalities in a single system which optimises patient care.
- Far safer – A CO2 laser provides the surgeon the option to customise the delivery of the laser beam during surgery. This will help to control exposure of the surgical area to the laser beam.
- Easier to use – Another amazing feature, is its simple touch screen transition between fibre and free beam modalities. Its longer articulating arm also helps to extend its ability to reach difficult to reach areas.
These features allow for an easier and more comfortable recovery for the patient. With the use of a CO2 laser surgery, the patient can expect:
- A better and more accurate results after surgery
- Minimal surgical bleeding
- Far less pain
- Lower risk of infection
- Minimal bleeding and scarring
- Better cosmetic and surgical outcome
Thanks to its accuracy, patients who opt for CO2 laser surgery can look forward to a much shorter healing and recovery period compared to conventional surgery. In fact, because of this outstanding feature, you may even be able to complete the entire procedure in just a day!
Tropicana Medical Center is the first hospital in South East Asia to offer AcuPulse DUO Surgical CO2 Laser. This amazing treatment option is now available to all Malaysians who are in need of ENT surgery. AcuPulse DUO Surgical CO2 Laser is currently the only intergrated CO2 laser system that enables treatment to be performed according to the specification of the patient’s needs. A unique feature of this machine is that it houses both a laser fiber and a free beam delivery which makes it possible for doctors to get to difficult-to-reach areas with precision. The system is able to deliver laser beams through an articulated arm which enables the surgeon to initiate the laser beam from a distance and operate without damaging surrounding tissues.