Everyone knows instant noodles can be delicious but did you know they can be wholesome too? Here’s how you can whip up your own healthy instant noodles.
Instant noodles are irresistible. They’re perfect at any time and are especially appreciated during busy days. However, they usually don’t fall into the ‘healthy meal’ category. Wouldn’t it be perfect if you could have the best of both worlds? Now you can with these two easy-to-make healthy instant noodle recipes!
Miso Vegetables Noodles
4 tsp Miso Paste
3 Shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
¼ cup Shredded carrots
¼ cup Fresh spinach
½ tsp Sesame seeds
1tsp Grated ginger
1 Fried tofu, diced
A handful of spring onions, chopped
A handful of dried seaweed
A serving of your choice of pasta
- Put miso paste, seaweed, shitake mushrooms, shredded carrots and fresh spinach in the glass jar.
- Put ginger and spring onions in a separate zip-lock bag.
- Cook pasta according to the instruction on the packaging.
- Once cooked, place pasta under clean running water until cool. Drain.
- Pour pasta into jar and seal tight.
- Refrigerate jar and zip-lock bag until ready to serve. (you may refrigerate for up to 2 days)
- When ready to serve, add ginger and chives into the jar and pour hot boiling water.
- Stir well and serve hot.
1/2 cup Kimchi
¼ cup Black fungus, blanched and drained
100g Shredded chicken meat
¼ cup Enoki mushrooms
A serving of glass noodles
A handful of chives, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook glass noodles according to manufacturer’s instruction.
- Then, run clean running water over the cooked noodles. Drain.
- Put kimchi, black fungus, chicken, glass noodles and enoki mushroom into the glass jar and seal tight.
- Seal the chives in a zip-lock bag.
- Season ingredients in jar with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. (you may refrigerate for up to 2 days)
When ready to serve, pour boiling hot water into the jar and stir well. Top with chives and serve immediately.