Melons are not just nutritious they’re delicious and refreshing too!
There’s more than one way to enjoy the healthy goodness of melons. You can blend them into a nutritious smoothie, include them in an appetiser or add them to your dessert. Here are two incredibly easy recipes which feature honeydew and watermelon. You can whip these up even if you’re not a whiz in the kitchen!
Delicious Honeydew and Spinach Detox Smoothie
1 cup Honeydew
1/2 Lime (juice)
1 Fresh coconut ( water and flesh)
1 cup Spinach
1/2 cup Cucumber
1 tbsp Chia seeds (optional)
1. Place all the ingredients (except chia seeds) in a blender and blitz until smooth.
2. Stir in the chia seeds for added protein (optional)
1/2 cup Watermelon, chopped into small cubes
1 cup Arugula
1 tbsp Feta cheese cubes
1 tbsp Black olives
1/4 Small onion, diced
1 tbsp Sunflower seeds
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp Coconut oil
1 tsp Honey
1 Lime (juice)
1. Wash and dry the arugula and place it on a plate.
2. Top it with watermelon, feta cheese, olives, onion and sunflower seeds.
3. Combine all dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad.
4. Garnish with pepper to taste.
These delicious recipes were contributed by Nika Karan, an author as well as a holistic yoga and weight loss coach. To find out more visit www.nikakaran.com.