Love kimchi? Here are two quick kitchen fixes you can easily whip up
Kimchi is a Korean delicacy which is made out of vegetables, mainly cabbage. It is then seasoned well and kept in jars, in cool temperature, to be fermented. Kimchi tastes great when eaten just by itself or you can enjoy it as part of a dish.
Kimchi tantalizes taste buds with its combination of both spicy and sour. The best part is, kimchi makes a delicious, healthy television snack and helps improve your gut health at the same time! Here are two great Kimchi recipes for every kimchi lover to enjoy.
Kimchi fried rice
2 cups Day-old cooked plain rice
100 g Kimchi
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
2 tbsp Spring onions, chopped
1 tbsp Fish sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat wok and pour olive oil
- Then, stir-fry garlic followed by onion
- Once onion and garlic turn a light golden brown, add rice
- Stir-fry rice and add kimchi. Stir-well.
- Add fish sauce and spring onions. Then, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with a sunny side up egg.
1 clove Garlic, chopped
2 tsp Fish sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
250 g Kimchi, roughly chopped
1 can Tuna in mineral water
50 g Fresh seaweed
1 Tofu, cubed
1.5 litre Chicken stock
Salt and white pepper to taste
- In a pot, stir-fry garlic with sesame oil
- Then, add chicken stock and bring to boil
- Once boiled, add tofu, seaweed, kimchi, tuna and fish sauce
- Simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes and add seasoning according to taste
- Serve hot, alongside a bowl of rice or plain noodles