Taking care of your kid’s guts is easier when your kid learn to enjoy the healthy snacks which they could help you make. Cooking helps their motor skills while they can learn about making yogurt a part of their healthy lifestyle and of course, eat it! Here are 3 simple recipes:
Double Rumble Popsicles
- 2 Fernleaf CalciYum kids’ yoghurt flavours of your choice. Fernleaf CalciYum kids’ yoghurt comes in Grape, Strawberry, Mango, and Vanilla flavours that kids love, and healthier too because it contains no artificial coloring and 2x more calcium than ordinary milk per 100g.
- Ice-cream (popsicle style) mould
- Ice-cream sticks
How to make It
- Scoop the first yoghurt flavour to fill up half the bottom of the popsicle mould.
- Next, scoop the second yoghurt flavour of your kid’s choice into the remaining space of the mould.
- You could add in chopped bits of fruits to make it extra healthy. Insert an ice cream stick into each mould. Freeze. (Freezing yoghurt will not affect its nutritious content).
Yogurt Tutti Fruity Tarts
- 1 packet pie crusts
- 2 cups of yoghurt
- 3 cups of chopped kiwi, strawberries, blueberries or any fruit of your choice
- Yields 12 tarts, 6 servings
How to Make It:
- Heat oven to 200°C. Unroll and cut out 12 4-inch circles of pie crust dough.
- Press pie crust dough into the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan. Place an identical muffin pan inside the filled one (to keep dough in place while baking). Bake 12 minutes. Remove and let it cool completely
- Fill shells with yogurt and strawberries or other fruits of choice. Add a dollop of topping and sprinkle with crystal sugar.